Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter Home About Me Image Map

Friday, September 11, 2015

Five for Friday {September 11}


Happy Friday! Although this has been a short week, it's been pretty exhausting! Short weeks always feel the longest to me!
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to talk about what's been going on this week!
fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2

Divider-1_thumb3
I've mentioned before that I'm using Reading Mastery in my classroom with my 4th graders this year. We are loving it! They are staying engaged, feeling confident, and are learning! 

One important component of Reading Mastery is the teacher-student game. Essentially, I give points when my students are following the rules and working hard. Before we started the game, I had the group agree on their reward when they received 100 points. One group is getting so close and they are so excited! 


Divider-2_thumb3
My third graders have been working on arrays. To make it more fun, I found online flash cards so my students could tap the iPad to get their next multiplication sentence. Sometimes small tweaks, like using online flash cards instead of writing down new equations, really makes it more engaging for them! 

We also used Legos to make arrays! They really loved this! 


Divider-3_thumb3
I'm trying to get my students to think more about their learning, so I created this anchor chart (inspiration from Lacquer, Teach, Repeat) to get them thinking. 


Divider-4_thumb3
Even though I worked with almost all of my students last year, we did a few get to know you activities just to get back into the swing of things. Here's one activity from my Back to School Icebreaker pack that they absolutely loved!


First Week of School: Icebreakers & Get to Know You Activities
Divider-5_thumb3
My youngest kiddos forgot some of their letter names and sounds over the summer, so we are spending lots of time refreshing these skills. My First Sound Fluency Pack has been really helpful for this!

First Sound Fluency Activities

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment