Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter Home About Me Image Map

Monday, December 1, 2014

Currently: December



Hello, everyone! I'm linking up with Farley for this month's Currently. 
PS...It's already December....WHAT?! Wasn't it just August? This school year is FLYING by!!

Alright, here we go...


Listening: I love Gilmore Girls! I've seen every episode, but I've been re-watching all of them since they've been uploaded to Netflix. It's so good! 

Loving: My Cyber Monday shopping happened at L.L. Bean. I bought a new duffel bag for my upcoming trip over Christmas break. I am so excited for it to get here! I bought the buffalo plaid one! I also got a toiletries bag, but that's not as exciting. What exciting Cyber Monday purchases have you made? I'll be making my TpT purchases tomorrow! 
Thinking: I always get sick at least once every school year, and I think round 1 is starting now. I have way too much to do this week, so this is definitely not a good time! 

Wanting: There are not enough hours in the day! Between finishing up my final projects for my grad classes, a school-wide required Moodle class, IEPs, and my normal teaching stuff, I have too much to do! I know I'll get it done. I always do, but it just seems so overwhelming now! I should have done more over break, but I really enjoyed my relaxation! 

Needing: I am in need of nothing! Reflecting last week on everything I'm thankful for reminded me of that. I have an amazing support system (that includes you!), a job I love, and all of my basic needs are met. I am so grateful. I am a lucky, lucky girl!

Giving: The United Way in my community does great things in the schools. My school is trying to get teachers to donate to help the United Way continue to provide support for early literacy in our community. If we want to help, we have the option of a one-time donation or a donation taken out of our paycheck every month. I decided to give a small donation each month. My community is such a high-needs area, so every bit helps. Hopefully my small donation is put to good use! 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

3 comments:

  1. Take Zicam when you feel a cold coming on! =) It has zinc and whatever to help. I also found that if I eat sweets after I take it, sweets taste gross! LOL. I think I'm on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute new bag!!! Stay healthy. Colds are no fun, especially around the holidays!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is really cute! I was watching a rerun of Gilmore Girls the other day and thinking how it was such a good show. My kiddos sound like a nursing home coughing all over the place, I know it's just a matter of time before I catch whatever it is.

    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete