Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter Home About Me Image Map

Friday, November 21, 2014

Five for Friday (It's almost Thanksgiving!)



Happy Friday, everyone! Some of you are lucky enough to be on Thanksgiving Break, but for the rest of us:
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching on this chilly, fall Friday for Five for Friday. This has been a super busy week and I'm excited to share what's been going on. 
Divider 1
Wednesday and Thursday were day 3 & 4 out of 5 of my Reading Foundations training. If you live in NC and have a chance to go through this training, do it! It's amazing! It's pretty much a college course on reading, but it's compacted into five full days. Once I have time to let my brain digest all of the information, I'll write a post on some of the stuff I learned! We even made foldables one day. I LOVE foldables!
Divider 2
 My kinders are working really hard with one-to-one correspondence, and they're making good progress. One tool we've been using are these puzzles. The numbers are on one side and the tens sticks and/or ones blocks are on the other. They have been really helpful for my kiddos! We're only using numbers 1-10 now, but one day we'll get to 11-20! 
Divider 3
I just want to give a shout out to Miss DeCarbo for her amazing Fall Text Based Evidence Passages. I've been using them with my third graders and they've been so helpful for their fluency and comprehension! Definitely worth the purchase!
Text Evidence Reading Passages! {FALL Edition}
Divider 4
It's almost Thanksgiving, which means it's almost December, which means it's almost the end of the semester for my grad school classes! I can't even tell you how excited I am! Those classes take up my whole weekends. I think I'm only going to take one class next semester, since I really should spend some time planning my wedding! Since my fiance and I like to travel so much, I want to incorporate that into our decor. I think I'm going to do a variation on this for our table numbers: 
Just love it. table numbers.
Our colors are yellow and gray, so I would probably paint the frame and number yellow. What do you think?
Divider 5
Since Thanksgiving is next week, I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported my itty-bitty but growing blog and TpT store. I am so grateful for everything and I learn so much everyday from all of the other teacher-bloggers-creators out there! You are all such an inspiration and I am in awe of all of the things you accomplish with only 24 hours in a day! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week and is able to spend it with the ones they love...and some delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment